Protect Your Commercial Property
Commercial property insurance is essential for protecting the future of your business. This type of coverage has many benefits, but it’s also important to understand its limitations. How does commercial property coverage differ from other business insurance solutions?
How Commercial Property Coverage Works
Contrary to popular belief, large companies who own a physical location are not the only businesses in need of commercial property insurance. If you have physical assets of any kind, including computers, furniture or essential equipment, it’s recommended you take out this coverage. Those who work from home, own a small business or rent physical space still have assets worth protecting.
Outside of typical business arrangements, you may also need commercial property coverage if you:
- Own a building and have a mortgage on it.
- Own a building and have multiple tenants that rent or lease space.
Commercial property can be written on a standalone policy or combined with other coverage on a package or businessowners policy. This insurance helps protect:
- Additional structures
- Computers and other electronics
- Paper documents and records
- Loss of income
While commercial property is fairly comprehensive, it does not cover everything. As you examine the current and future needs of your business, you may want to consider adding coverage for:
- Employee dishonesty
- Equipment breakdown
- Commercial autos
- Signage not attached to your building
As a business owner, you hope things run smoothly. Commercial property coverage helps protect your physical assets from:
- Storms and other natural disasters
- Other listed perils
With these points in mind, several factors help determine your rates, including:
- The value of your total assets, including the building you own.
- The business location, especially in relation to natural disasters and other risks.
- How the building is constructed, particularly if it has fireproof materials and up-to-date wiring, plumbing and roof.
- The inherent risks of your industry.
- Your fire protection, including if the facility is equipped with fire alarms and sprinklers.
Ion Insurance is here to help you develop a program to protect your business. To learn the details, rates and exclusions of Commercial Property Insurance, speak with one of our knowledgeable agents.
Contact us for a free Commercial Property Insurance quote today!