Does your Business Need Commercial Auto Insurance?

Does your Business Need Commercial Auto Insurance?

Image from

Owning your own business comes with a lot of responsibility. If you have vehicles for your business then you need to be covered with commercial auto insurance. Commercial auto insurance works the same way as your personal auto insurance does, only difference is it is for a commercial vehicle.

If you own a business that employs drivers for delivery or transportation purposes―such as a shuttle service or food delivery business―you will likely be required by the state to carry a certain amount of commercial liability coverage. Even if your state does not require commercial liability insurance, purchasing a commercial auto insurance policy will protect your business from financial responsibility in the event of an auto accident.

If you are a commercial driver, you might also need commercial auto insurance. Begin by asking your employer about the extent of commercial insurance the business carries, and what types of coverage the policy includes. In addition to liability insurance, some commercial insurance policies include uninsured or underinsured motorist coverage, collision coverage, and comprehensive coverage.

At Ion Insurance we insure all kinds of commercial vehicles including commercial cars, tow trucks, semi trucks, tractor trailers, box trucks, dump trucks, business vans, snow plows, etc. Our specialized commercial auto insurance coverage will protect you and your employees from all property and liability issues. If your company vehicle and driver is the cause of an accident, your commercial auto insurance with Ion Insurance Agency will be there for you.