Around the globe, craft brewing continues to be an evolving trade. In the United States, there are approximately 8,386 production breweries that produce over 6 million barrels per year. Plenty of regional craft, microbreweries, brewpub restaurants and taprooms also produce their own beers.
The brewing industry is highly regulated at the state and federal level. Protect your brewery company with comprehensive insurance coverage that meets all requirements.
HUB International is the endorsed broker for the Independent Brewers Alliance, providing barrels of insurance coverage exclusive for breweries!
Does Your Craft Brewery Have All the Coverage It Needs?
- Are you in compliance with all local and State requirements?
- Are your employees properly trained to operate material handling equipment?
- Do you have a plan in the event of equipment failure?
- Do you have a plan in place in the event one of your key suppliers were unable to deliver?
- Could you pass an OSHA inspection?
Our agents have the specialized expertise in brewery operations and insurance coverage needed to help you address these questions!
The Nation’s Only Craft-Brewer Owned Cooperative
HUB International New England, LLC has a relationship with the Independent Brewers Alliance, a community of 275 craft brewers with combined production of almost 1.5-million barrels. Members leverage this purchasing power to save money on raw materials and operational expenses.
Savings programs currently include cans, lids, chemicals, labels, hops, hose, brewing and canning equipment, PPE, all kinds of packaging, branded glassware, apparel, kegs, cartons, freight, office supplies, design services, insurance, consulting services, payroll processing and more.
Members participate only in the savings programs that are right for their brewery. Best of all, brewers can participate in most of the IBA’s savings programs for free, no dues required. Learn more here.
Join Independent Brewers Alliance
The IBA is currently accepting applications from qualified craft brewers. To learn how much your brewery could save or apply for membership, fill out the easy, no-obligation member application.
Key Brewery Coverages
While owning a brewery may sound like fun and games, manufacturing beer and operating your own business come with a number of risks.
You are proud of your product and any damage caused by unexpected events can be devastating. For example:
- A batch is contaminated or spoiled
- Equipment or machinery breaks down
- A visitor slips, trips or falls on premises
- Beer leaks or spills from a storage tank
- A weather event or fire suspends production
- Beer in transit is damaged or destroyed
Be prepared to safeguard your company against possible perils with coverage, including:
- Contamination & Spoilage
- Business Income
- Tanks & Mechanical Breakdown
- Power Outage
- Product Recall Expense
- Special Off Premises Events Liability
- Selling Price Endorsement
Beyond beer manufacturing, other aspects of your business require insurance. Liquor liability is typically excluded from general liability for businesses that manufacture, sell or serve alcohol. If a patron becomes intoxicated in your taproom and causes property damage or bodily injury, liquor liability provides coverage for associated legal fees and medical costs.
Another area of business that requires insurance coverage is special events. While hosting events can help increase brand recognition, mishaps can and do happen. Protect the health and safety of guests and workers, while reducing liability exposures with event coverage.
Brewery insurance does not extend to the distilling of hard liquor on the premises – brandy, vodka, gin, rum, whisky, etc. – home brewing operations and bar, lodging or habitational exposures.
Eligible Business Lines
To anticipate risk, operating your own business requires a combination of insurance policies and endorsements. Each craft brewery will have unique needs, depending on its offerings. For instance, you might own a fleet of vehicles to make deliveries.
Whether you are a small start-up brewery or operate a restaurant, consider the following coverages for your business needs:
- Crime and Fidelity
- General Liability
- Property Insurance
- Crisis Management Enhancement Endorsement
- Umbrella/Excess Liability
Beyond our brewery insurance package, including property and liability coverages, we also offer Business Succession Planning, Workers Compensation with Payroll Integration and Retirement Savings. Additional coverage for your brewery includes:
- Regulatory Compliance Consulting
- Safety-Training Programs & Policy Development
- Operational-Hazard & Site Security Assessment
- Fleet Safety Management
- Claims Management & Advocacy Services
- Emergency Responses & Business Continuity Planning
- Group Medical, Ancillary & Voluntary Benefits
- Strategic Benefits Planning
- Cost management Strategies
- Compliance Consulting
- Employee Health & Performance
Proper brewery insurance also comes with access to features and safety services, including training for the responsible serving of alcohol, driver screening and emergency planning.
Your brewing company is your livelihood. Tap into purchasing power and finely crafted rates! Contact Dave Drescher, Managing Director of Southern New England to have one of our Brewery Insurance Specialists reach out to you.CONTACT US TODAY
for a brewery insurance quote!